Passports and Docs
New Passport Application Procedure as of 1 October 2019
All horses competing in any discipline need to have an SAEF passport. The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) requires the SAEF to have a central database of all horses competing in the disciplines within the SAEF. As of 1 October 2019, all Group IX passports will ONLY be issued by the SAEF Office in Johannesburg.
There will be no passports agents in the provinces/districts as of 1 October 2019.
Please ensure that you are aware of the new passport application procedures.
1. To apply for a new passport:
Southern Africa FEI Group IX Passport Application Form (green) HERE
- Download the FEI GroupIX Passport application form above.
- Please complete the form and send it along with the proof of payment to email@example.com.
- The cost of a passport is R200. If the passport needs to be sent to the horse owner, it is R100 for Postnet courier charges. Should you require door to door, please mail Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org for the cost estimate.
- Once the completed application has been received, a single page of the horse identification page is returned to the horse owner, or you can download the ID centre page here
- This ID page must be completed and stamped by a registered vet.
- Once this is done, the horse owner must scan the document back to email@example.com .
- Upon receipt thereof, the SAEF will complete the application, issue a passport and courier the passport back to the applicant.
- Vaccinations are the responsibility of the owner/rider and these need to be administered, recorded, signed and stamped by a qualified veterinarian.
- As of 14 February 2019, the SAEF will no longer check or validate vaccinations.
3. Change of Ownership:
Download the SAEF Change of Ownership Form- HERE
- Please note that the previous owner has to sign the change of ownership form
4. Cost of Passports and other Documentation
- New Group IX (green) Passport R200
New FEI (purple) Passport and Registration R3800 (subject to exchange rate)
- Change of Ownership R100
5. FEI (Purple) Application forms
FEI Passport applications (purple)- HERE
2022 FEI Rider Registration @ R350.00
2022 FEI Horse Registration @ R500.00